This English-style palace was constructed in 1893, commissioned by the Spanish Royal Family, Located opposite the Bahía de La Concha, it offers spectacular views of the city. Its interior has certain common areas that remain faithful to its original configuration, such as the White Room, the Music Room, the Hall Wood, the Petit Hall, the Library and the Royal Dining Room. The rest of the palace has been refurbished on a successive basis since its purchase by the City, making it a more functional area. On 29 October 1985, the current Consortium was created with the name "Palacio de Miramar Consortium", with the participation of the University of the Basque Country, the Basque Government, the Provincial Council of Gipuzkoa and San Sebastian City Council, which dealt with the rehabilitation of the Palace.
This building is located in one of the most emblematic areas of Bilbao, with an open construction style onto the estuary and the Guggenheim Museum in the heart of avenida de Abandoibarra, between the Padre Arrupe walkway and the Deusto bridge The ground floor houses the main auditorium of the building, the MITXELENA, with capacity for 441 people, a large 400 m²hall, two meeting rooms and a spacious store. The first, second and third floors have floor space a little over 1000 m², housing the offices of the Rector and the Governing Body, two auditoriums for 161 and 66 people respectively five open spaces for exhibitions or other uses and offices for a range of uses for the University of the Basque Country The building also has a garden terrace of almost 400 m², and spectacular views on the first floor
Faculty of Arts
Paseo de la Universidad, 5
Faculty of Pharmacy
Paseo de la Universidad, 7
The Álava Campus is the result of a process of integration of several historical schools in the city as well as the creation of new ones that were created after the launch of the University of the Basque Country. The Faculties of Arts and Pharmacy host various congresses and courses organized by the Summer Courses.