New Generation of Strongly Correlated Electron Systems 2018 (NGSCES2018)
03.Ira - 07.Ira
The 9th international Conference “New Generation in Strongly Correlated Electrons Systems” (NGSCES 2018), sponsored by the Donostia International Physics Center (DIPC), will be held at the "Palacio Miramar", Donostia / San Sebastian, on September 3-7, 2018. In the spirit of the previous successful NGSCES editions, we would like to provide a friendly atmosphere to foster discussions and collaborations in particular between emergent and more experienced scientists in the field of correlated electron systems, by encouraging participation of researchers at an early stage of their career. For this purpose, the program of the conference will include many oral and poster presentations chosen among the contributed abstracts.
* Non-equilibrium Quantum Dynamics
* Topological Insulators and Spin-Orbit Coupled systems
* Strong Correlations on the Nanoscale
* Quantum Magnetism
* Unconventional Superconductivity
* Development of novel computational / experimental techniques in correlated condensed matter.
- Santiago Blanco-Canosa (CIC Nanogune, Donostia-San Sebastian).
- George Booth (King´s College London).
- Wojciech Brzezicki (International Research Centre MagTop, Warsaw).
- Ion Errea (Donostia International Physics Center, DIPC, Donostia-San Sebastian).
- Matteo Minola (Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research, Stuttgart).
- Laurenz Rettig (Fritz Haber Institute, Berlin).
The aim of the conference is to review the state of the art and new trends in the theoretical understanding and experimental investigation of strongly correlated electron systems.