Conditions of use and purchase
Conditions of use and purchase of the la Fundación Cursos de Verano de la UPV/EHU
This document sets forth the conditions of access and use of the website www.uik.eus and the sale of products and/or services.
If you use this site or undertake any transaction with UIK, you are giving your consent and agreeing to these Conditions and the Data protection Policy. If after reading these conditions you do not agree with them or with the use that will be made of your personal data, you must not use the services provided by this website.
The data controller reserves the right to modify these general conditions. The user must read them regularly as they may be altered at any time. The conditions applied will be those explained at the time of sale.
If you have any doubts or queries about the contents of these conditions you can contact us by using the contact telephone numbers and addresses.
2. Identification of the parties
On the one hand, the provider of the goods and/or services requested is:
Corporate name: FUNDACION CURSOS DE VERANO DE LA UPV/EHU
Tax no.: G20448056
Corporate address: Palacio Miramar. Paseo Miraconcha 48, 20007 San Sebastian (Gipuzkoa)
Entered in the Foundations Register with no. GIP-49
And on the other, the user registered on the website by means of a user name and password, for the use and custody of which they are entirely responsible, being responsible for the truthfulness of the personal data supplied to UIK. When making use of the website and/or placing orders or entering into other transactions, the user undertakes to:
- Use the website only for legally valid enquiries or orders.
- Not to place false or fraudulent orders.
- To provide and keep up to date all the necessary contact data. If not supplied with all the obligatory information we cannot deal with your request. When placing an order the user declares that they are over 18 years old and have full legal capacity to enter into contracts.
3. Object of these general conditions
The object of these general conditions is to govern the contractual relationship of sale established between UIK and the user at such time as the latter agrees during the online contract process by marking the pertinent box, entering the data requested and making payment.
The contractual relationship of sale involves the delivery of a specific product or service, in exchange for a price determined and publicly displayed on the website. In some cases, the purchase is free.
4. Procedure for entering into a contract. How to place an order
To access the services offered by UIK, the user must register on this website by creating a user account. To do this they must freely, voluntarily supply the personal data required.
The user will choose a user name and a password, undertaking to make diligent use of these and not to make them available to any third parties, as well as informing UIK of any loss or theft thereof or possible access by unauthorised third parties, so that UIK can proceed to block them immediately.
Once the user account has been created, you are informed that in accordance with the stipulations of art. 27 of the information society services and e-commerce act, Law 34/2002, the procedure for entering into a contract will follow these steps:
- Select the course for which you wish to enrol and follow the steps given during the process.
- Address: if you wish, change your home or billing address if they are not the ones you gave during the process of creating your account.
- Form of payment: UIK offers you two forms of payment - by credit card or by transfer.
3.1. Payment by credit or debit card
If you opt for payment by card, your order will be processed once the payment has been authorised by your bank. Online payment by credit card goes through a bank payment platform.3.2. Transfer/Payment into UIK account
You can also pay for your purchases by bank transfer. The order will be firm until the our bank has received payment of the amount of the purchase. Transfer charges must be paid by the purchaser. When making the transfer you must specify as a reference the order number and the full name of the client.
- Order confirmation: once the order has been validated, we will send you a confirmation email.
- Capacity: places are limited and are assigned by order of enrolment. If the course fills up you can sign up for a waiting list. We will send you notice of availability if enrolments reopen.
- Rules of behaviour: When you enrol you must agree to the rules of behaviour laid down by the UPV/EHU summer course foundation. Anybody attending training may be silenced in an online session or expelled from a face-to-face activity is their attitude impedes or hinders the progress of the activity.
The UPV/EHU summer course foundation may exclude from the enrolment process people who have not followed the essential rules for behaviour or have obstructed or blocked the running of a training session. Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to, the following: offering insults, threats or racist or sexist comments, annoying other attendees, repeatedly interrupting the activity, using the communication channels for training for other activities unrelated to the planned running of the training.
The price of the products and/or services will be as specified at the time of purchase on our website, except in the case of a clear mistake. While we attempt to ensure that all prices shown on the site are correct, errors may occur. Should we discover an error in the price, we will inform you as promptly as possible and give you the option of reconfirming the correct price or cancelling your purchase. If we are unable to contact you, your order will be considered cancelled and you will be refunded in full for whatever amounts you paid. We are not obliged to supply you with any product or service at the incorrect lower price (even if we have sent you an Order Confirmation) if the error in the price is obvious and unequivocal and could reasonably have been spotted by you as incorrect.
The prices applicable to each product or service will be those published on the website and applied automatically at each stage in the purchase process. All the prices published on the website are valid, except in the case of omission, typing or computer error.
6. Value-added tax and invoicing
UIK is exempt from value-added tax according to article 20. One. 9 of Provincial Decree 102/1992 of 29th December 1992 adapting the tax regulations of the historic territory of Gipuzkoa to the Value Added Tax act, Law 37/1992 of 28th December 1992.
7. Policy on returns. Right of withdrawal
UIK reserves the right to cancel any activity if the minimum number of students is not reached, a maximum of 10 days before the said activity begins. In these cases the enrolment fee will be refunded.
If the enrolment fee was paid by bank transfer the Course Secretary must be given an account number into which to pay the sum refunded. The term in which to provide this information is one month from the last day of the planned activity.
Cancellation of enrolment by the student:
Enrolment can be cancelled in the personal area by following these steps:
- Click on "I am a student"
- Select "My enrolments"
- In the course line, click on "See my details"
- Click on "Cancellations"
Cancelling Summer Courses:
- Up to 15 days before the activity begins: the sum paid will be refunded except for €10 to cover administration costs.
- Less than 15 days before the course begins, no refund will be made, unless there exists a justified, accredited cause that makes attendance impossible.
Consult the activities that have their own cancellation policies.
Cancellation of Conferences: in cases where no conference cancellation policy is specified, the above rule will apply.
Cancellation of long-term Online Courses:
- Enrolment can be altered up to 5 days before the course begins. No alterations are allowed after this date.
- Cancellations: up to 5 days before each course begins, you can cancel your enrolment in the personal area on the platform. The amount paid will be refunded, except for €10 to cover administration costs.
- No cancellations are allowed once the course has begun.
8. Liability and disclaimer
UIK's liability in relation to any product or service purchased on this website is strictly limited to the purchase price.
9. Industrial and intellectual property
The trademarks and logos related to UIK that appear on our website are registered and cannot be used without the written permission of the owner of the website. UIK is the owner or holds a licence for their use.
10. Communications between UIK and User
Consumer legislation requires that some of the information or communications we send you be in writing. For this reason, in agreeing to these general conditions you agree that such communications by us be by one of the electronic means you have given us. For contractual purposes, you consent to the use of electronic means of communication and recognise that any contract, notification, information and other communications we send you electronically comply with the legal requirements to be in writing. This condition does not affect your rights as a consumer as recognised by law.
11. Force mqjeure
UIK will not be liable for any delays or failures occurring in access to, functioning and operation of the website, its content and/or services, or any interruptions, suspensions or malfunctioning thereof, where they are the result of faults caused by natural disasters such as earthquake, flood, lightning or fire, situations of force majeure, situations of extreme urgency such as wars, military operations, civil disturbances, strikes, lock-outs or any other circumstances of force majeure or fortuitous causes.
12. Personal data protection
UIK is firmly committed to compliance with European and Spanish personal data protection regulations, and guarantees full compliance with the obligations laid down both in the data protection and guarantee of digital rights act, Law 3/2018 and in EU Regulation 679/2016.
To use or have access to certain services and/or content, UIK may require users to fill in certain registration forms that necessarily involve supplying certain data of a personal nature. UIK will process these data according to the purposes and conditions set forth in each case.
By completing and sending any form included in this website, users consent and expressly authorise UIK to collect, automatically process or pass on, as appropriate, the personal data they are asked for according to the purposes and conditions set forth in each case.
You can find detailed information about the processing of your personal data in the "Privacy Declaration" section of this website.
Should any of these conditions be declared null and void by a competent authority, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in force, without being affected by the said declaration of nullity.
15. Applicable legislation and jurisdiction
Use of our website and the contracts to purchase products and service through the said website will be governed by Spanish legislation. Any controversy arising from or related to use of the website or the said contracts is to be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of San Sebastián (Gipuzkoa).