POLYMAT and the University of the Basque Country initiated in 2016 a series of international workshops entitled POLYMAT Spotlight.
This workshop series aims at exploring and increasing the visibility of emerging and technologically-relevant macromolecular materials.
POLYMAT Spotlight 2018 will be devoted to 2D and Porous Polymers, including synthesis, processing and applications.
The Conference GIREP-MPTL 2018 will be focused on physics educational innovations at Primary, Secondary and University levels. Specifically, the symposium provides a forum for exchanging ideas and discussing recent developments in such areas as:
- Physics teaching and learning at Primary and Secondary Education
- Physics teaching and learning at University
- Preservice and in service physics teachers education
- Physics education in non-formal setting
- Physics into STEM teaching and learning
- ICT and multimedia in Physics Education
The workshop Quantum Designer Physics will highlight recent advances in material systems purposefully designed for studying some of the most intriguing physical phenomena at the nanoscale. Very broadly these phenomena are related to spin, topology, and coherence, which enable the materials display quantum functionalities. Condensed Matter Physics is known for providing a rich variety of material systems in which different physics can be found and studied.